What to do with those spotted bananas. Personally they’re a bit too sweet for me to eat as is so I always look for ways to bake with them. The sweetness allows you to minimize added sugars in whatever you plan to whip up 🙂
1½ cups almond flour
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
½ to ¾ cup bananas (mashed)
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg, room temperature
¼ cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
1. In a medium bowl mix together almond flour, flaxseeds, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl combine bananas, coconut oil, vanilla, and egg. Mix well.
3. Combine wet banana mixture to dry ingredients until batter-like consistency.
4. Fold in nuts to mixture til evenly distributed.
5. Refrigerate mixture for at least 30 minutes. Scoop the batter onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten each cookie slightly with the palm of your hand. If the batter sticks to your hands, wet your hands with water.
6. Bake cookies at 350°F for about 10-15 minutes or until the edges and bottom start to brown. Let the cookies cool and enjoy!